Custom predefined values in Experience Builder filter widget

Jump to solution
10-01-2021 12:06 PM
TanGnar
Occasional Contributor

In Experience Builder filter widget, I would like to use 'Contains' to filter data. I have certain Text I'd like to provide filters for, but that Text is in a list within a single field. 

I thought the Predefined Values would work, but it turns out I can't customize those predefined values (only the labels). I'd love to provide provide custom predefined values for the fitler and used Contains to find them. 

For example, my field is a list of species like: Channel Catfish, Smallmouth Bass, Largemouth Bass, Bluegill

I want to provide the user a filter to look for all points with "Channel Catfish", etc. I could accomplish this easily if I could predefine my filter values for individual species and use Contains on that species field. 

I think I've exhausted the possibilities to make try to make this work as described, but please let me know if I've missed something. So what I'm doing now is 34 individual filters with individual Contains clauses, which is cumbersome. 

In this image, the Value option must be chosen from data in the field. I'd like to be able to set this filter list manually. 

TanGnar_0-1633115109779.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@TanGnar This issue has been fixed in AGOL 2021 Dec 9.4 release. Let us know if you still experience the problem. Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @TanGnar - I am sorry to hear about the frustrating experience you've had. It seems like a bug for the predefined unique/multiple values for string fields - which should work like that of numeric fields as below:

TonghuiMing_0-1633937175750.png

We will take a look soon and get it resolved. Thanks for bringing it up.

Best,

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@TanGnar This issue has been fixed in AGOL 2021 Dec 9.4 release. Let us know if you still experience the problem. Thanks.

0 Kudos
TanGnar
Occasional Contributor

Looks to be fixed on my end, thank you. 

0 Kudos
TanGnar
Occasional Contributor

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
rzufelt
Occasional Contributor

you can use the contains and do this with one contains clause to either let them filter by one species or multiple.  The predefine unique values will allow you to select only one at a time, the Predefine multiple values will let you check all that you want to filter by.

In the expression builder, push the predefine button as you did for the image above, and as you see, you can pick the values from the drop down list.  HOWEVER, you can type whatever you want in that field, it does not need to be in the list.

rzufelt_0-1642122072903.png

Will even do partial matches.  So, if you typed Red as one of your predefined values, the filter will show Redbreast Sunfish, Redear Sunfish, etc.

You could have a Bass that will select all bass, or Alabama Bass, etc.

Basically, though not intuitive, you can type whatever value you want and if it is in the field you are filtering on, it will find them.

The filter above will find anything that contains the values (so, everything that has Tel or U in it):

rzufelt_1-1642122194471.png

Hope this helps,

R_

0 Kudos