Create a map tour in Experience Builder

01-04-2022 05:37 AM
HelenCooper
Occasional Contributor III

Hi, 

I'm trying to create a 'map tour' in Experience Builder.  Is this possible using the existing widgets?  Essentially I'm trying to recreate the map tour functionality within StoryMaps but would like each point within the tour to be shown using two different base maps (a 2d and a 3d version).

Any pointers very gratefully received!

Helen

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kanin
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hello Helen,

I would recommend to get started with the JewelryBox template and tweak the configuration/settings to your liking with 2D/3D maps.

Web capture_4-1-2022_221433_experience.arcgis.com.jpeg

A sample app based on this template can be found here: Current Development Projects (arcgis.com)

See more samples at the gallery: Experience Builder Gallery | ArcGIS

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Kanin 

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution" to help others who have the same question.

HelenCooper

Thanks @Kanin , this gives me a good start, but I'm really looking for something that I can use to iterate between points in a feature class on the fly, rather than needing to use pre-set bookmarks. 

0 Kudos
Kanin
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi Helen,

Another widget has come to mind - it is the List widget in ExB. This is similar to ArcGIS Dashboards' List element where the list loads data dynamically from a layer and supports actions on the map as well.

Best regards,
Kanin 

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution" to help others who have the same question.

HelenCooper

Thanks @Kanin , that's a good thought and I've spent a long time trying to get the list widget working for what I need, but I still can't work out a way to automate the iteration between the features on the map and list. 

I can get a map and list widget linked, and manually click each list entry to zoom the map to the relevant point, but I'd love to get this working automatically, without needing the user to click through the list. 

0 Kudos