Select to view content in your preferred language

Create a list which only shows unique values, no duplicates.

11-14-2023 01:35 PM
Labels (1)
kstone_ntia
New Contributor II

I am looking to create a list only showing the unique values from a layer. The example is below. 

Original Table Example

kstone_ntia_0-1699997156337.png

I want the list to only read Applicant 1 and Applicant 2. Not list them multiple times which is how the list currently works. My goal is to select applicant 1 and see various charts associated with that applicant. 

I appreciate any guidance you have. 

Kelly

3 Replies
anbinh
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kelly,

Which product are you working on, and is it just an attribute table?

In your case, each combination of the [Name, Type] is actually unique. 

If in ArcGIS Dashboards, you will want to "group by" the name column, then you can get unique "applicants" with their grouped values such as total number of types per applicant. If using Arcade, there is a "GroupBy" function you can use. If dealing with ArcGIS Server Rest Endpoint, "returnDistinctValues" is a parameter you may be interested in (Query (Feature Service/Layer)—ArcGIS REST APIs | ArcGIS Developers).

Cheers,

Anbin

0 Kudos
kstone_ntia
New Contributor II

Hello, 

Thank you for your reply. I am trying to do this in experience builder, not a dashboard. And am trying to do this in a list. I am using a hosted table on ArcGIS online. Thank you  for any additional assistance you can provide. . 

Kelly

0 Kudos
NaomiCampoy
New Contributor II

Any updates on this? I am trying to do the exact same thing on Experience Builder and I can't find a way...

0 Kudos