configure button w/o title bar

Jump to solution
07-01-2021 04:32 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello All,

I'd like a very simple button which opens a URL in a new window or tab.  I've added a button widget and configured the URL but it doesn't directly open the window.  Instead it opens a new window with a title bar which then has to be clicked for the desired action (see screen shot).

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

--john

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanMcDougall
Occasional Contributor III

@Anonymous User 

Hi, you're not missing anything as such. The widgets widget functionality is to allow on click access to a component , so you're asking it, on click, to present a button component - which it is doing. The widget button itself is not the component. 

If you want a mini toolbar, I'd insert a fixed panel, add your buttons, size them etc and use the icons.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JonathanMcDougall
Occasional Contributor III

@Anonymous User 

Hi, you're not missing anything as such. The widgets widget functionality is to allow on click access to a component , so you're asking it, on click, to present a button component - which it is doing. The widget button itself is not the component. 

If you want a mini toolbar, I'd insert a fixed panel, add your buttons, size them etc and use the icons.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your help Jonathan!  I didn't realize the button could live outside a widget controller.  Just putting it into a fixed panel as you suggest seems to be what I need.

--john

0 Kudos