Clicking on Features Seems Off - EB Dev 1.8.1

05-12-2022 02:37 PM
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Just updated EB to version 1.8, applied the patch. I'm seeing strange behavior with clicking.

jcarlson_0-1652391401386.png

Note the little callout arrow showing where I clicked, and the highlighted feature way off to the southeast. I clicked the map at this scale, too, so the highlighted feature was nowhere near my cursor.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
6 Replies
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi @jcarlson I noticed this as well in the current online version yesterday.  It seems to be occurring with large datasets > 2k records.  I'm using a List>FeatureInfo>Map workflow and after a certain number of records have been scrolled (scroll event on the jimu related?) the list and feature info become out of sync, and display different selections. 

This is occurring within a zoning dataset.  In addition, on a click event in the map, the map popup and feature info would display different records. 

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

I was able to overcome this somewhat by using a sorted view (on object id) for the feature info widget.  for the moment the list, map and feature info remain in sync - i.e when i click the map, i get the same record in both the list and info window.  

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

For my viewer, it's not even about the interaction between widgets, it's just "click Feature A, get popup for Feature D, 200 pixels away".

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

The last time anything like this happing with me was in a beta version of the map viewer in Enterprise, I think 10.8x. It seemed to have an transformation issue with the projection engine, where all my state plane layers shifted.  Probably not the same issue.

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hm. You may be onto something, though, since everything I use is in State Plane. Regardless, none of our users has reported similar issues, so it could just be me.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

yeah the only other thing is that, in the online Eb anyway, configuration is often super-laggy, sometimes to the point where I can barely work.  I have had that then translate over to the map in play-mode where I select an item from a list or a record from the feature info and the map will just sit there.  Usually happens later in the day, and probably(maybe?) related to either our traffic or aws . . . 

0 Kudos