Select to view content in your preferred language

Clarification on Credit Consumption for ArcGIS World Geocoding Service in Experience Builder

Jump to solution
02-14-2024 03:52 AM
PeterGe
Emerging Contributor

I'm currently working on a project that involves creating web maps to be hosted on ArcGIS Online, specifically through Experience Builder. One of the key features we are looking for is the ability to enter an address to locate it on the map and see how many layer records are around the given address.

The ArcGIS World Geocoding Service was provided as a suitable search locator in the Experience Builder for this purpose (I have included an attached image below). However, I'm concerned about the credit consumption associated with using the ArcGIS World Geocoding Service in this context.

Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 6.28.55 AM.png

The documentation for Geocoding and Geosearch mentions that Geosearch does not consume credits but has a limitation of 1 million searches per month. Since the locator service is called geocoding, I would like to confirm the specifics regarding credit consumption.

Given the above, I have a few questions:

1. When using the ArcGIS World Geocoding Service as a search locator in Experience Builder, does this count as Geosearch (thus not consuming credits) or geocoding (which does consume credits)?
  2. If it consumes credits, are there any best practices or alternatives that can help minimize credit usage while achieving the desired functionality?

I'm aiming to ensure that our usage is as efficient and cost-effective as possible. Any insights, clarifications, or experiences you can share would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PeterGe
Emerging Contributor

Received a confirmation through ESRI's technical support service: "The process of searching within Experience Builder is a geosearch process and will not consume credits. The name of the service being used is the ArcGIS World Geocoding Service."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PeterGe
Emerging Contributor

Received a confirmation through ESRI's technical support service: "The process of searching within Experience Builder is a geosearch process and will not consume credits. The name of the service being used is the ArcGIS World Geocoding Service."

0 Kudos