Change date in list widget to MM/DD/YYYY

12-13-2021 01:39 AM
elpinguino
Occasional Contributor III

I have a list widget of comms records.

I populate each of the cards in the lists dynamically.

The date is set up in US format. How do I change it to MM/DD/YYYY. I'm pretty sure this can be done in arcade.

elpinguino_0-1639388351888.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Experience Builder doesn't give you the same access to Arcade that you have in other apps. It will honor Arcade expressions in a Details widget, but not when piping attributes into a Text widget. Even looking at the config JSON of something like that, it's not clear how it's deciding the date format. Doesn't seem to be an exposed user setting, but it would be great if it were! You should suggest it as an idea.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
elpinguino
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @ShengdiZhang , Just wanted to check in on this and see if this is being looked into in a future upgrade or if it has already, and I've missed it.

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi, there are no plans for when this feature will be implemented. However, if you want to use a different date format, you can update the format in the Map Viewer, and the Experience Builder will inherit this format.

ShengdiZhang_0-1661751974241.png

PeterTQFES
Occasional Contributor

Does this work when you use map viewer classic? 

I tried with our 10.8.1 portal and I am using EXB dev 1.9 and it didn't make a difference.

Peter T, Brisbane
0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi, I tried changing the date format in Map viewer classic - configure popup - configure attributes, and the date format in the ExB map and text widgets change as well.

ShengdiZhang_0-1662532280897.png

Are you using a table widget to display the data, it is a known bug that the table widget doesn't honor the date format configured in the map viewer.

Shengdi

MarcoPoetsch
Occasional Contributor II

Hi @ShengdiZhang ,

do you have any updates of when this bug will be addressed?
I'm currenlty using Dev Edition 1.9, and the bug is still present.

Thanks,
Marco

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MarcoPoetsch - if you were talking about the table bug, it is under investigation by our colleague teams and will probably be fixed by them. I cannot get a clear milestone yet, but you can track a similar support issue if needed - BUG-000150108.

MarcoPoetsch
Occasional Contributor II

thanks Tonghui, I hope this will get fixed soon

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

FYI - In Map Viewer Classic, most of the date formats (long, short, etc.) will be honored, except for one - DD/MM/YYYY - it contradicts the locale practice if in the US. Either one of MM/DD/YYYY and DD/MM/YYYY will be available depending on the user locale.

0 Kudos