Select to view content in your preferred language

Cannot save changes to imported Experience in ExB Developer Edition

Jump to solution
a week ago
LucVanDijk
New Contributor II

When importing a Web Experience from Enterprise Portal into the ExpBuilder Developer Edition and applying edits to the Web Experience, I am unable to save the edits. When pressing the save icon, it shows the three dots loading indefinitely and the save is never completed. Trying to publish, refresh or leave the page results in a browser warning that any edits on the page will be lost.

I have seen multiple mentions of this problem or similar issues on the community pages, but none of them seem to be solved. I have tried the following approaches:

1. Create a new Web Experience from within the ExB Dev Ed, save, publish, close, reopen, apply some edits, save again, republish again. This works fine.
  2. Import a Web Experience into the ExB Dev Ed from Enterprise Portal, (publish), apply some edits, save. This does not work.
  3. Create a new empty Web Experience from within the ExB Dev Ed, save, publish, close. Then using ArcGIS Assistant, find the Web Experience I want to import from the Portal, copy the json from the 'data' tab, save it locally to 'config.json', then use this file to replace the existing 'config.json' in the following locations
    • C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\ExperienceBuilder1.14\server\public\apps\0
    • C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\ExperienceBuilder1.14\server\public\apps\0\resources\config
    • Then open the Experience in the Dev Edition, apply some edits, save. This does not work either.

A last resort would be to rebuild the entire Experience from scratch, which I would obviously rather not do. Is there anything I have overlooked? Is this a bug in the Developer Edition? Any help is appreciated!

I'm using the Experience Builder Developer Edition 1.14 and Enterprise 11.3.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BolanChen
New Contributor II

BolanChen_0-1722504073817.png

I guess your problem may be related to this custom widget. This widget is not included in your devEdition.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BolanChen
New Contributor II

Hi  @LucVanDijk 

I have not reproduced the problem you mentioned.  If it is convenient, could you please share your config file?

Thanks

0 Kudos
LucVanDijk
New Contributor II

Hi @BolanChen ,

Attached is my config.json (as a .txt file, because json is not allowed as attachment). It's fairly large, over 9000 lines. I have tried searching it for a clue as to why it won't allow me to save changes made in the Developer Edition, but no luck so far. 

Thanks,

Luc

0 Kudos
BolanChen
New Contributor II

BolanChen_0-1722504073817.png

I guess your problem may be related to this custom widget. This widget is not included in your devEdition.

0 Kudos
LucVanDijk
New Contributor II

@BolanChen Thank you for pointing this out! This was indeed the problem. I had upgraded my installation of ExpBuilder Dev Edition from 1.10 to 1.14, but forgot to reinstall the eLocate widget. I recompiled and reinstalled the eLocate widget in ExB Dev Ed 1.14, imported my Web Experience from the Portal, removed the broken eLocate widget, added the new eLocate widget, reconfigured it and saved the edits. The save worked this time. Thank you again! Much appreciated 🙂

0 Kudos