Select to view content in your preferred language

Can't get the legend heading color to match the ExB heading color

04-11-2024 02:40 PM
mikzippers
New Contributor

Hi all,

I have added a legend button that when clicked, opens up the legend for my map.  However, the heading for the legend is gray, which does not match the navy color I am using for the header row of my ExB.  When I go to click the Style button, I am receiving a message that says that the widget does not support style settings.  Is there any way that a widget's header color can be changed, or is there a better way to show the symbology other than the automatic widget?

I am a bit of a newbie to the software, so any help, tips, or tricks would be appreciated, thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoshBerna
Regular Contributor

I'm not a fan of the legends myself, similar to layout legends in pro, but, just to be sure, have you tried clicking the advanced option on the content tab of the legend widget? If I understand the header you are referring to, you can change the color under advanced. Additionally, I was able to access the style option as usual when opening my legend, so I am unaware of the cause of that unfortunately.

As for different options, I personally like to create a legend in pro or any graphic design type thing and add it as an image widget, then just call it legend. I find I generally need to have larger icons than the ones generated by default in the legend widget.

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

You (or the template you are using) have placed your Legend Widget within a Widget Controller. The heading color for a widget in a Widget Controller is the primary color from your chosen Theme and can only be changed by choosing a new primary color, but be aware that this will alter colors all over your application. Here is my guide for making a Theme.

If you take the Legend Widget out of the Widget Controller, it will not have a header bar by default, but it will also be permanently open. 

Your best option may be to alter your header row color to match the Theme you chose. 

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
Shen_Zhang
Esri Contributor

The styles of widgets within the Widget Controller are managed by the Widget Controller itself. This ensures a unified behavior, where style settings do not apply to each individual widget.

For maintaining consistency, if you wish to include the Legend in the Widget Controller and align its header with the controller popup panel header, I recommend keeping the primary color consistent with your header color, as advised by @JeffreyThompson2 .

Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 17.20.58.png

Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 17.22.09.png

Shen Zhang
0 Kudos