Select to view content in your preferred language

Bounding box with Zoom functionality

Jump to solution
05-29-2024 10:43 PM
Labels (1)
GrizzlyBear
New Contributor II

I'm looking for a widget in ArcGIS Experience Builder that allows users to zoom in or out of a map area using a bounding box. Does anyone know if such a widget exists or if there's a way to implement this functionality? Any guidance or examples would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkJTurnbull
New Contributor III

And where would these extents be stored? If you do not have them stored anywhere in particular, you could create bookmarks which store them within the web map or application. The main consideration would then be how many extents do you need to store/create? If there are many, you may be better off storing them in a separate feature class and providing a query widget or search tool to allow the user to easily find the appropriate extent by name (or other attribute(s)). However, if the number of extents is fairly small (say < 50) then bookmarks would be an easier solution to implement.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MarkJTurnbull
New Contributor III

Hi GrizzlyBear,

Are you looking to zoom in/out by dragging the bounding box with a cursor? If so, I believe this can be out of the box, by holding down the shift key, whilst you drag your cursor.

Alternatively, you may be looking at using bookmarks, which are essentially stored extents (bounding boxes).

GrizzlyBear
New Contributor II

I am looking at an actual extend (rectangle or square) around a part of my map or features. 

Thank you for your response. 

0 Kudos
MarkJTurnbull
New Contributor III

And where would these extents be stored? If you do not have them stored anywhere in particular, you could create bookmarks which store them within the web map or application. The main consideration would then be how many extents do you need to store/create? If there are many, you may be better off storing them in a separate feature class and providing a query widget or search tool to allow the user to easily find the appropriate extent by name (or other attribute(s)). However, if the number of extents is fairly small (say < 50) then bookmarks would be an easier solution to implement.