Sketch layer functionality in Experience builder

Jump to solution
01-26-2024 04:47 AM
Labels (1)
LarsElmkær_Chwastek
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I'm trying to create an Experience Builder (EB) with some GP tool functionality, namely the Extract Data Task, that I have published as a web tool. Now my challenge is, that the tool in EB apparantly doesn't allow the user to draw a polygon and use as the AOI.

So my idea was to have a sketch layer, where the user can just draw a sketch, and then use that layer as the input AOI.. However, even though I add a sketch layer in the Web map, and it shows in the EB, I can't seem to actually do anything with it..??

I can't add the sketch layer as an editable layer in the Edit widget, and the Draw widget, doesn't give me any layer to add as input in my tool.. 

According to the documentation, the sketch layer can be used as an input for analysis tool in the Map viewer, so why not in EB? 

So I am at a loss..!

Can anyone tell me if I'm doing something wrong or if the Sketch layer just isn't meant to be an interactive layer in EB?

Thanks 🙂

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @LarsElmkær_Chwastek, the Sketch layer is not yet supported as data source so even though it displays in the map and Map Layers widget, it can't be used as input data to other widgets like Edit, Analysis. etc. The good news is that in the upcoming ArcGIS Online release (end of February), more interactive input methods are planned to be available in the Analysis widget, including end users drawing graphics like Polygon, Polyline, and Point as AOI. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @LarsElmkær_Chwastek, the Sketch layer is not yet supported as data source so even though it displays in the map and Map Layers widget, it can't be used as input data to other widgets like Edit, Analysis. etc. The good news is that in the upcoming ArcGIS Online release (end of February), more interactive input methods are planned to be available in the Analysis widget, including end users drawing graphics like Polygon, Polyline, and Point as AOI. 

LarsElmkær_Chwastek
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jianxia,

Thank you for your reply, and it sounds great with the implementation by the end of February - but just to be sure, is it only in the standard Analysis widget tools or also in the custom tools? 🙂

Do you know when this will be available on Enterprise? We have most of our users on the Enterprise Portal and are right now bouncing off ArcGIS Online via collaboration, since the Portal is a bit behind Online functionality wise.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
egorbn
by
New Contributor II

@JianxiaI have a very similar use case and question.

The Draw widget seems to almost get there. The issue is that the resulting features aren't accessible in a table or layer.

I don't understand the use of the Draw widget in this case -- is it intended for temporary markup only?

Could you give us an idea about why the Draw widget doesn't create something like a Sketch layer in the Map Viewer?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
LaurissaJ
New Contributor

Did you ever find this out? I'm also trying to figure out how to get the draw data out of EB... It's not appearing as a layer in the Map Layer widget so I can't see an option to do anything with it.

0 Kudos