Best method to change the organisation of Experience Builder App

Jump to solution
09-10-2021 11:43 AM
Rémy_Gourrat
New Contributor III

Hi,

i'm very proud of my first experience builder app.‌‌😀

I used "Experience Builder Developper" to dit it, connected to my AGOL developper account for webmap ressources.

Now, i must deploy it in the AGOL of my client , so we started to do it :

- we shared same data in the client AGOL

- we copied webmaps with ArcGIS Assistant from our AGOL Developper to the Client AGOL

- we replace url in the json of each webmaps with the rigth in each webmaps

Webmaps and data are fine now.

After, in our PC, we copied the experience builder folder app in a new folder, rename it with the max number and change organisation domain in every files.

When we open the EB, it not recognize the webmap in map widget.

We must add manually each map and select it in each map widget.

After, the EB run in preview mode and in a new tab correctly but during 2 or 3 second, itsay "failed to load the map" but finally each map appear.

If we use the same URL to access it in other browser he ask for login but into OUR AGOL Developper Oragnization !!

I don't undestand i replaced url everywhere...

Have you a better method or advices to execute this migration ?

Thanks for your help

Rémy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rémy_Gourrat
New Contributor III

Hi @DavidColey and @David_Brooks,

thanks for your interest.

David, the topic was really to change the AGOL organization of my Experience Builder. I set it up connected a first AGOL organization and now I would use it for a second AGOL organization, so I had to change the clientid, each service url, ect ...

Brooks, i couldn't use ArcGIS Assistant because i use ArcGIS Experience Developper on my PC so the only  method was to :

- duplicate the folder of my EB in the C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\ArcGISExperienceBuilder\server\public\apps

- rename the folder name index with max+1

- with notepad++ replace with replace in files function, the url of first organisation by the url of the second organisation

edit info.json, clean the file  last connections infos parameters, just after the parameter "typeKeywordsportalUrl" parameter AND dont' forget to change the "id" parameter with the same number that you use for the folder name.

It was my mistake !

After you launch you EB you set the new URL Organisation and the clientID, you open you EB and you must just reselect the map in each Map Widget. It's very fast.

EB is magic because with the component technology of React you don't loose Actions and other...

Great job Esri !

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi @Rémy_Gourrat  - so where you write:

"I used the "Experience Builder Developer" to do it, connected to my AGOL developer account for webmap resources. Now, I must deploy it in the AGOL of my client"

surely you mean, " I must deploy the compiled app to my client's web server" - as there is no way to "import" a developer solution into agol.  So what's happening is that even though you have replaced urls, that's not enough as each of the data, object, view, etc sources all have Item IDs assigned to them and or created by the EB during your build that reflect those original sources. Those IDs are shared by all the trigger functionality, so there's alot of dependencies.

At least that's the way things work (mostly?) in the Web App Builder . . . 

I would start there, but I don't know of a way to execute a migration like that

0 Kudos
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@Rémy_Gourrat  as @DavidColey  also says, AGOL doesn't support custom code but Portal does.

If you're talking about an app built online in Experience Builder, then can you not copy and paste the app using AGOL Assistant? If the app doesn't copy, you could just view the JSON in AGOL Assistant and then copy that to an empty EB app on your clients site.

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
Rémy_Gourrat
New Contributor III

Hi @DavidColey and @David_Brooks,

thanks for your interest.

David, the topic was really to change the AGOL organization of my Experience Builder. I set it up connected a first AGOL organization and now I would use it for a second AGOL organization, so I had to change the clientid, each service url, ect ...

Brooks, i couldn't use ArcGIS Assistant because i use ArcGIS Experience Developper on my PC so the only  method was to :

- duplicate the folder of my EB in the C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\ArcGISExperienceBuilder\server\public\apps

- rename the folder name index with max+1

- with notepad++ replace with replace in files function, the url of first organisation by the url of the second organisation

edit info.json, clean the file  last connections infos parameters, just after the parameter "typeKeywordsportalUrl" parameter AND dont' forget to change the "id" parameter with the same number that you use for the folder name.

It was my mistake !

After you launch you EB you set the new URL Organisation and the clientID, you open you EB and you must just reselect the map in each Map Widget. It's very fast.

EB is magic because with the component technology of React you don't loose Actions and other...

Great job Esri !