Select to view content in your preferred language

Basemap gallery items duplicated - how to remove one?

05-16-2024 08:52 AM
AdamGebhart
Frequent Contributor

I am in EB Developer 1.14 and noticed that my main basemap is appearing twice in the basemap gallery.  The top instance is pulling from the AGO map and appears to have that map's default thumbnail.  The second instance is what I added via Basemap Gallery > Configure Custom Basemaps > Import and that is pointing to an item in our organization's basemap group.

Both instances are hitting the same cached map service on ArcGIS Server.  Is there a way to remove the top item or do I need to give my web map the same thumbnail as what you see in the second instance, which I don't want to do, or is there another way of removing the first item?  FYI, I do not see the top item listed separately in this app's config file.

AdamGebhart_0-1715874392179.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

The first option in the Basemap Gallery pulls from the webmap basemap. It is not removable, so that end-users can always go back to the default. Changing the webmap thumbnail and removing the second basemap from the gallery will be much easier than altering the code to remove the first basemap thumbnail.

The only quick fix I can think of is to find a way to select the DOM node by the aria-labelledby property and then set the display to none. 

JeffreyThompson2_0-1715951356461.png

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
AdamGebhart
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, Jeffrey.  I was afraid your suggestions would be the best option moving forward.  I can't say I like that at all, much like some other stuff I'm finding with EB.  I recall this coming up in WAB too but there was an easy fix that didn't require doing anything with the web map thumbnail and it had something to do with the recognition of the basemap URL.

Side comment, I wish we could add basemaps to EB via URL like we could in WAB. 

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@AdamGebhart It is probably because these two web maps have different IDs. We've encountered a few similar cases and they all come to that.

As for the adding URL method, we will take a note and consider it as an enhancement. Thanks for bringing this up!

AdamGebhart
Frequent Contributor

@topotopo1Thank you for the reply.  It would be great if that issue could be resolved as I can't be the only person dealing with it, and like I said before, I (and assume others) would prefer to not have to use basemap thumbnail for the web map thumbnail to make the basemap gallery appearance better.

Adding basemaps via URL again would be a great option to carry over from WAB.  I hope that's added in one of the upcoming versions.

0 Kudos