ArcGIS ExperienceBuilder - Search widget action: does not filter the image widget (attachment)

Jump to solution
11-21-2022 07:20 AM
PanGIS
by
Frequent Contributor

Hello!

I am creating a simple app where the features in the map are filtered after a selection in the search box and the attachment shows the picture attached to it.

here you see the initial stage

PanGIS_0-1669043538216.png

here I search by ID: 00003 and the record in the map is selected. the image widget containing the attachment is empty.

PanGIS_1-1669043657751.png

If I select the point in the map, the image appears, but I would like to have the selection without having to select the point in the map.

PanGIS_2-1669043780950.png

the layer is only one as the image is contained in the attachment of the same layer.

This is one of the settings I tried for the action of the search.

PanGIS_3-1669043881214.png

I am not able to see what is wrong, but the trigger has always been tricky to me... 😣

Thanks!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@PanGIS - The reason being -

The dynamic image > Attachment supports "Selected features". Thus, it will only receive valid data once a selection is made;

When doing a search, it is either to filter the data source (layer search) or generate an output ds (locator search), none of which makes a selection automatically. That's why you will only see the attachment once you manually make the selection.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@PanGIS - The reason being -

The dynamic image > Attachment supports "Selected features". Thus, it will only receive valid data once a selection is made;

When doing a search, it is either to filter the data source (layer search) or generate an output ds (locator search), none of which makes a selection automatically. That's why you will only see the attachment once you manually make the selection.

0 Kudos
PanGIS
by
Frequent Contributor

Thank you @TonghuiMing , it make sense.

I was only afraid to have messed up with the trigger.

Today I demonstrated the functionality of the app and nobody complained. 😅

I will che if I can get something better with other widgets but it is fine for now.

Cheers!