Select to view content in your preferred language

Add box shadow to individual widget in widget controller

06-26-2023 04:09 AM
DeirdreSmyth
Emerging Contributor

I have a widget controller with 5 widgets in it.  I would like to add a border and a box shadow to individual widget buttons within the widget controller but as far as I can see it is only possible to add a border and box shadow around the entire widget controller, is that the case?

Is the only alternate to split the widgets into 5 widget controllers and add a box shadow around each one?  I would prefer to keep them in a single widget controller so to maintain spacing between widgets on different screen sizes.

Thanks,

Dee

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Shen_Zhang
Esri Contributor

Hi @DeirdreSmyth 

Currently there is no way to set a border and a box shadow to individual widget buttons within the widget controller - you can only set border and shadow for widget controller as a whole. 

To achieve this, a possible way is to split the widgets into 5 widget controllers as you did, and put them inside a row widget so you could still be able to maintain spacing between them:

Screenshot 2023-06-28 at 10.06.40.png

However I think it is a good point to set border and shadow for each widget individually. Please feel free to raise an idea in the Ideas channel or go through Esri Support. We can help evaluate the enhancement possibility based on the general feedback along the way. Hope it helps.

Shen Zhang
DeirdreSmyth
Emerging Contributor

Thanks @Shen_Zhang I did in the end put the widgets into individual controllers and following your advice put them all into a row which has made moving them around a lot easier.

0 Kudos