Ability to duplicate/copy an element?

Jump to solution
03-04-2020 06:54 AM
BrianBaldwin
Esri Regular Contributor

So far, Experience Builder has been great - but there is one enhancement that would help a lot.

Could we get the ability to duplicate elements?

In the example below I have configured the heights, spacing, backgrounds, etc. for the Column and child rows and I want to have the same settings for a column element below it. It would be a great feature if a user could simply 'select' a group of elements and then duplicate or copy it.

-----------------------------------

Brian Baldwin, Esri Inc., Lead Solution Engineer
https://www.linkedin.com/in/baldwinbrian
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @ShariForbes ,

You can click the duplicate button on the widget toolbar to duplicate a widget on the same page.

ShengdiZhang_0-1650252402805.png

If you want to copy and paste widgets across different pages in one experience, you can select the widget and press Ctrl+C, and then select the target page and press Ctrl+V to paste the widget.

Regards,

Shengdi

View solution in original post

14 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Brian,

Absolutely, this is on our roadmap. 

BrianBaldwin
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks so much for the quick reply David Martinez‌! Really looking forward to that feature.

FYI Patrick Huls

-----------------------------------

Brian Baldwin, Esri Inc., Lead Solution Engineer
https://www.linkedin.com/in/baldwinbrian
0 Kudos
Dunn_Jeremy
New Contributor III

Morning David

What's the best way to clone a web app from experience builder so that another user has ownership of it and all it's reference content ? 

Regards. 

Jeremy. 

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jeremy,

If the user is in your organization and you have admin rights you can change the ownership for each item under my content. Another option is to use the python api to use the reassign_to  method to change the other user.   I guess my question is are you looking just to clone or change ownership?  If change ownership you can do the above. If you need to clone there is a clone method in the python API. However, I noticed there are issues when the experience has images. The last time I used that method it had some issues with SVG. You could try that method and see if it works. 

Cheers,

David 

0 Kudos
ShariForbes
New Contributor III

Do you know if there has been any movement on this? I'd like to copy a perfectly beautiful row layout onto other pages.

ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @ShariForbes ,

You can click the duplicate button on the widget toolbar to duplicate a widget on the same page.

ShengdiZhang_0-1650252402805.png

If you want to copy and paste widgets across different pages in one experience, you can select the widget and press Ctrl+C, and then select the target page and press Ctrl+V to paste the widget.

Regards,

Shengdi

GarySchells
New Contributor III

I'm copying and pasting list widgets on to different views in the same xperience.  However, each one needs a different filter.  when I set the filter one one of the lists, it keeps applying that filter to all the others.  Can anyone explain why this is happening and how I can get the correct filter on each list widget?

Thank you

hgdean
by
New Contributor

@ShengdiZhang I am having this issue as well. Is there a way to copy an element to a different view (i.e. desktop view to tablet view) and not have it retain a link to it's original version? 

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

I'm not sure I'm understanding the question correctly. If you only want to perform a filter action on one list and not the others, you can add a data view and use that data view in the filter widget and the list widget you want the filter action to affect. Filter actions on a data view do not affect other data views or the source data.

0 Kudos