URL Parameters for Experience Builder

07-27-2020 08:43 AM
KevinMcMaster2
New Contributor III

Would be great if URL Parameters were supported in Experience Builder, similar to what is supported by ArcGIS Dashboards - see URL parameters—ArcGIS Dashboards | Documentation specifically the "Feature parameters" which reads: "Feature parameters are used to pass one or more feature IDs to a dashboard. They can be used to filter the dashboard's elements, or they can be used to apply location actions—Zoom, Pan, Show pop-up, Follow Feature, and Flash—to the dashboard's maps."

5 Comments
jessneuner

Yes!

I just went looking for this today -- we have a dashboard that lets the user focus on one city within the county.  but it's embedded in experience builder so the user gets a good experience on the desktop or their phone ... it'd be great if we could pass url parameters for dashboard through experience builder.

KevinLambeth1

I agree, after running across a walkthrough for how to create a reactive dashboard based on the device screen size, I really wanted to set up an example, but we also use URL parameters to customize the experience for different users.

PaulDoherty2

I'd go further - you should port over all of the Share Widget functionality - especially extent and query capability. 

Our use case is #FireMappers ArcGIS Web Application 

We want to be able to share directly to one fire.

KatieLeaverton

I was hoping to use experience builder as a solution for resizing dashboards for mobile, but our dashboard uses a feature URL parameter to filter content for specific group. But looks like that's not possible now. This would be a very important enhancement. 

benklocek