Tablet Widget: Add "Update" button and Suppress Time on Date/Time fields

03-29-2022 01:20 PM
Labels (1)
AmyRoust
Occasional Contributor III

For background: I am using the Table widget in a hosted Experience Builder site. The data layer is published as a feature service from SQL Server to a standalone ArcGIS Server. Editing is enabled on the table.

My first suggestion is to provide the option to hide the time input on date/time fields. My dataset tracks the date that a location opens and closes, but time is irrelevant for us to track. I can hide time in the Edit widget using Smart Forms on the Map Viewer map, but that setting does not carry over to the Table widget.

My second suggestion is to add an "Update" button to the Table widget, just like the one that is in the Edit widget. My end users are using the table widget like an Excel spreadsheet, but since every change has to be immediately written to the database, the entire table refreshes every time a change is made. It is really disorienting to suddenly be kicked back to the first record, first column when you are editing something further down and over.

3 Comments
EmilyMcLeanACTGOV

Yes!

The update option, similar to the edit session where you can chose when to save the changes you've made would be awesome!

We have a similar use case in our organisation, and it is resulting in a lot of wasted time waiting for the table to refresh each time something is updated. 

Tiff
by

Came across this same issue with the date and time showing up in the table but we would only like the date. The field configuration in the map does not carry over as mentioned above. 

I also hope to create editing workflows for our staff using Experience Builder but the table automatically updating and refreshing is likely going to be an issue I did not think about until seeing this idea.

I think both ideas are important to make the table in ExB a lot more functional and usable!

MaureenSpiessl

So I am experiencing something similar only my organization does not require time. 

We have created a number of surveys that can be used in the field on tablets and phones, however the survey tends to refresh and load again. Making it really different for our workers to use the surveys in the field. 

Another thing, we have incorporated maps to load however, the maps will only load on one or two of the tablets. 

Has anyone had issues with this?