Select to view content in your preferred language

Table widget not showing coded domain values on selected data - Experience Builder in ArcGIS Enterprise 11.x

08-20-2024 12:28 AM
Labels (3)
TSya
by
Emerging Contributor

The Experience Builder applications can be improved especially when it is integrated with Utility Network (UN) dataset. Currently, when the table widget is set to show 'Selected Data, the table widget displays coded domain codes from the UN dataset instead of the descriptive labels associated with the dataset's features. This issue limits users' ability to effectively interpret and use the data.

Addressing this by ensuring the table widget shows descriptive labels rather than coded domain codes could significantly improve data comprehension and user satisfaction. This change would support smoother operations and enhance the overall effectiveness of the Experience Builder applications for our client.

1 Comment
TimWestern

Yeah I have noticed this may not just be a utility data set issue.  Coded Domains are objects with an id, and a name field IIRC.   

the number is probably reference to some ID type that is defined somewhere, and while coded domains may be an array (with an index #) It's not clear to me how the app knows that the index is the same item.  

When I first saw these types, as a programmer, they made me think of Enumerations, and lookup tables.  In the later, (look up tables), you often have to use the of to then get the second column which is the lookup value text.  However, Table Fields/columns will show exactly how it is stored if I understand correcftly.

Have you checked to see if there are other fields you make visible on this table that may display the text you were missing?  (Sometimes its there in other places where I've used coded domains, but I haven't dug on the Utilities Network side where this is similar)