Sort Results from Query Widget

4 weeks ago
Labels (2)
CameronLacelle
Occasional Contributor

When you complete a query in an experience builder application and it shows you the list of results, there doesn't seem to be any way to sort the results by the value in which was searched. For example, I search for all fire hydrants in my dataset with flow rates between certain range of values (e.g. 0 to 100 L/s @ 70 kPa), I would like to sort these results by the lowest or greatest flow rate displayed on top and then in an ascending or descending order of my choosing. I can sort if I show the results in a table widget but it would be more ideal to keep it within the same widget and to be as minimalist as possible.

2 Comments
JeffreyThompson2

There is an option to sort the query results. All the way at the bottom of the Set Query Panel expand the Results and Add a Sort Field. However, turning this sort on and off is not an option for the end user. I also tried testing having an ascending and descending sort on the same field and the query errored and returned zero results. 

JeffreyThompson2_0-1715719704544.png

CameronLacelle

@JeffreyThompson2 ah thanks, I did not see that at all. Seems to not be super reliable so I'll likely leave it unsorted on our application for the time being. Esri really should implement when a query is run, the end user can choose to sort ascending or descending by the queried field(s). Unfortunately, there are a lot of back end customizations that make zero sense, should be available for the end user to control and aren't at the moment, or don't work as intended.