Save Session Widget for Experience Builder

07-21-2023 03:03 AM
Labels (2)
SimonNigh
Occasional Contributor

Create a Save Session widget like the custom widget developed by the community for Webapp builder:

https://github.com/softwhere/SaveSession-Widget

This would allow users to save all session information including: the status of layers, graphics, map location etc  as a json file so that it can be saved in a filestore or  shared with other users, so that once loaded at next run time a user can pick up a project from where they left off.

Full details of existing web appbuilder functionality is available at the github resource above.

6 Comments
Hels77
by

Yes! Thins!

BillBean

make it so.jpg

LisaT
by

This would be very helpful for adoption of AGOL. I need an environment where I can customize the look, feel, and available tools, but where the users dont have to re-create their maps every time they log in.  There are other programs that allow this, so I am struggling with getting the users to switch to AGOL!  Map Viewer is overwhelming and doesnt have the same "feel".  Lets make this available from EB!

MicahWilliamson

This is a great idea and was asked for by my users. Anyone know about updates on this topic or other similar custom widgets?

TrishPatterson

This would be very helpful!

AnthonyWhaleyUSFS

This is 100% needed! Users struggle to use web apps as their one-stop-shop to answer their questions when they have to start over every time the browser tab refreshes. This is a major reason we might choose VertiGIS web apps over Experience Builder for certain projects.