Select to view content in your preferred language

Remove "Zoom-To" Action Button from Default Popup

07-16-2024 10:44 AM
Labels (1)
KeonMonroe
Occasional Contributor

Reviewing this question, it appears the default "Zoom To" button which is visible in all default popups can be removed via CSS or Javascript. Could this same functionality be made available in ArcGIS Online somehow?

Otherwise when using the map in an Experience Builder app in ArcGIS Online, this button will always appear by default even if it is undesired. I've tried all configuration options available on the map widget component, and spoke to an ESRI technician who confirmed there was no way to disable this by default - hence the request.

We are attempting to ensure all text within these popups does not produce a scrollbar - and the Zoom To button takes up valuable space (and again, is completely undesired).

Thank you.

KeonMonroe_0-1721151620927.png

2 Comments
DavidHedges1

Hi @KeonMonroe  -  I'm having the same issue. I'd love to know how you removed "Table" and "Get Directions" default from your pop-up,  I can live with the "Zoom-To" function at the moment, but can't figure out how to remove the other defaults.

Screenshot 2024-08-23 112821.png

Thanks

AmericanWater

@DavidHedges1 - Unfortunately it seems these actions are included by default in the popup when opened in Map Viewer (in both the new and classic versions). The screenshot I provided was from Experience Builder, where you are allowed some customization and options to remove the Table and Directions - although not "Zoom To" (hence this question). 

Perhaps another related request is to have some way to disable these popup options in Map Viewer directly. If the implementation somehow took the popup configurations from the item and applied them downstream to say Experience Builder - both these issues could be resolved and offer the users greater customization options on the popups.