Select to view content in your preferred language

Provide 'Overview Map' widget in Experience Builder

02-29-2024 05:44 AM
Labels (2)
GeeteshSingh07
Occasional Contributor II

Please provide 'Overview Map' widget in ArcGIS Experience Builder, as it was in Web AppBuilder.

GeeteshSingh07_0-1709214221930.pngGeeteshSingh07_1-1709214250661.png

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/web-appbuilder/latest/create-apps/widget-overview-map.htm

9 Comments
Yogesh_Chavan

Nice idea @GeeteshSingh07.

Not sure how ESRI missed this for so long?

JeffreyThompson2

JeffreyThompson2_0-1709215135444.png

On the roadmap for Q4 2024.

GeeteshSingh07

@Yogesh_Chavan it was logged as enhancement (ENH-000159699) as well, still not included in ExB yet.

GeeteshSingh07

Thank you @JeffreyThompson2 for sharing the roadmap. This is for ArcGIS Online, right? 
Once release in AGOL, then in next quarter it will be rolled out it Portal & Dev Edition?

JeffreyThompson2

@GeeteshSingh07 ArcGIS Online gets all the updates first. Then, the new version of Developer Edition comes out about a month later. ArcGIS Enterprise gets new features with the new version following the ArcGIS Online release. You will need to upgrade to the new version of Enterprise to see the updates and sometimes it takes two update cycles to match full parity with the Online version. So if Enterprise 11.3 is the latest version when the Overview Map goes into ArcGIS Online, expect to see it in Enterprise 11.4 or 11.5.

GeeteshSingh07

@JeffreyThompson2, thank you so much for the explanation. Really appreciate it.

JustinH

@GeeteshSingh07 There is a Show Map Extent Feature (not widget) in Experience Builder. In the Map widget, you an toggle on the "Overview Map" in the map widget Settings. This creates a button on your map widget to see the Overview Map. The only thing I would like for this to improve on is a little more freedom to customize this feature. 

JustinH_0-1720459516419.png

JustinH_1-1720459586165.png

GeeteshSingh07

@JustinH thank you for the comment. Yes, ArcGIS Online ExB now has this Overview Map feature. I guess it was introduced in June'24 update. Even Developer addition 1.15 has this feature now. We are still waiting for this feature to be added in ArcGIS Enterprise.
Yes, I agree there must be option to customize it..

shodge_fsu

Yes - Developer 1.15 edition has the overview map now, however it shows up as a tiny arrow icon in the lower right corner where about 1% of my users will ever see. There does NOT appear to be any way for you to have it open by default.  This makes this new feature basically useless until there is an option to have it open by default.