Select to view content in your preferred language

Filter Widget on Date Field to populate by calendar month or year

07-13-2023 07:23 AM
Labels (2)
cat206
by
Frequent Contributor

It would be great if the user could Filter by a particular year, quarter or a month of their choice and allow them to select that. I have an Inspection Date Field dating back from 2013 and at the moment, I have had to create a Field which populates the year only and apply a filter on this field instead, so the user can select 2014 inspections or 2020 inspections. It's a bit of a drag to ask them to select between 1st Jan 2014 and 31st Dec 2014 which they have to scan through so many years, but also annoying to have multiple field for calencar month or year when the data is already stored in a Date field

2 Comments
DanielWalsh

More flexibility with the calendar widget like we get in Dashboards would be ideal! We have date records going back to the 1800's so having to click from 2024 to 1890 (134) makes it tedious for people to filter. Being able to add custom filter windows or manually type in dates would make it so much easier.  

YukoYokozawa

I was looking for how to filter data by month and year, and found this.... So I can't do it now? Oh... very sad. Please add this idea ASAP!