Experience Builder widgets to support URL parameters

08-29-2021 04:41 PM
Labels (1)
EmilyMcLeanACTGOV
Occasional Contributor

It would be great if Experience Builder widgets could support URL parameters. 

In particular we have a use case where we are using Experience Builder to present operational work planned for the next financial year, and it would be great if we could use links to show the sheet referring to the works plan of specific areas, within our intranet.

We also have an Experience with a table embedded within a Dashboard, and it would be great if we could use the Dashboard filter functionality to change the table sheet based on a category selector etc. 

Thanks, 

Emily

24 Comments
NedCake1

Hey ESRI,

Why do you keep pushing this functionality back? You managed to provide URL parameters with instant apps. I realize it's not the same product, but you made it a priority and it happened. This is functionality that should have been part of ExB from the start. Please make it a priority..... 

Very disappointed in the lack of progress on this issue.

JoabelBarbieri

Nov 2023 still no url parameters for coordinates/zoom....why Esri!?!?

ChristopherHolewinski1

This absolutely needs to be a priority.  I cannot move our public facing parcel viewer to Experience Builder until data-based attributes can be searched for via URL Parameters.  Until this is made available, we're stuck with our old WebApp Builder viewer that can no longer use annotation because we've had to update our Enterprise Geodatabase.  Very disappointed that it was not included in the most recent update.

RexRobichaux

As time has gone on, this issue (and other areas of lacking EB functionality) have started to look like a larger and larger potential issue for our organization (and I have to assume many others as well). As we rapidly approach the formal retirement of the ArcGIS JavaScript 3.x API in July of 2024, we are really starting to feel the pressure of these missing areas of critical functionality such as URL parameters. I have to imagine we aren't the only organization who is going to hear from their security team once our 3.x applications are in EOL/EOS, and we will have little time to either take down these applications, or replace them. 

There are two primary concerns that I can think of.

1) If parity with Web AppBuilder is not available prior to July, 2024, we may find ourselves in a scenario where we have to choose between either taking down business-critical mapping applications (major business/user impact), or develop/roll-out replacement 4.x applications missing core components (like URL parameters) that our users rely heavily upon (still a massive negative impact and user experience).

2) If the remaining WABD functionality somehow is ported to, and available within EP / EPD in the months leading up to July, 2024, it gives our GIS team very little time to work through a proper technical development process to replace our existing applications, and puts them under higher pressure. 

I don't currently see a happy ending here, and I implore Esri to dedicate any resources necessary to Experience Builder so that it can finally serve as a viable replacement to legacy 3.x applications, widgets and Web AppBuilder Developer.