Experience Builder Query Widget - all layers option on spatial filter

04-04-2023 08:00 AM
Labels (1)
JohnFannon
Occasional Contributor III

The Experience Builder Query Widget currently allows for specifying a spatial filter using "Selected features from Data Source", which then requires pre-defined layers to be selected for the filter. This has to be done for each query configured and can be very painful where there are multiple layers in the map.

An obvious solution to this would be to have an "All layers in map" option (preferably default), which would allow all layers from the specified map to be used in the spatial filter, rather than specifying the specific layers to use (see images).

This would be very similar to how the Web App Builder Query Widget works, which does not require the specific layers to be selected for use in the spatial filter and therefore allows all suitable layers in the map to be used.

JohnFannon_1-1680619628998.png

JohnFannon_3-1680620371068.png

8 Comments
TianWen

Thanks for the feedback! When there are multiple layers to be configured, you can actually select them all at once.

TianWen_0-1681268360946.png

JohnFannon

Thanks @TianWen, but you have to manually select each layer by clicking on/selecting each one in the list. This is fine when there are fewer than 10 layers, but not so much fun when your map contains more layers and you want them all to be potentially used as filter options in the spatial filter. Therefore having an "All layers from map" option would greatly help here. 

TianWen

Exactly, I'll have a discussion with the team regarding the enhancement. Thanks for the feedback!

Tiff
by

@TianWen I have an issue relating to this widget that I was wondering if you could help resolve. I have selected multiple layers to be used as the selection to use in the query, but none of those layers show up. If you click around the blank space, occasionally a layer will come up. This seems like a bug, but I'm not sure what to do.

Tiff_0-1686858832375.png

TianWen

@Tiff I would love to help! But it seems that I cannot see the problem on my side. Would you share your sample app so I can investigate it? Thanks!

CaitlinAuvil

@TianWen Is the capability to select multiple layers at once available for ArcGIS Enterprise as well? I can't seem to select multiple layers for configuration. When a layer is selected, the Set query screen automatically pops up with that layer. As a test I've tried 2 different projects, one with grouped layers and the other has no layer grouping, and both give the same result. Thank you!

AmberKelly

Hi all,

Im working in AGOL but seem to completely unable to select multiple layers. As Caitlin noted previously - as soon as the first layer is selected (regardless of holding down shift/ctrl/anything else) the Set query panel pops up. 

Any advice on what im doing wrong here? 

IgorAtamanchuk

@TianWen , I also cannot select features from multiple layers using the spatial query. Enterprise 11.1.
Thanks!

Igor