Edit Widget in Experience Builder

05-31-2023 01:46 PM
Labels (2)
AbiDhakal
Occasional Contributor III

Is there a plan to have an Edit widget in Experience Builder like the one in Web AppBuilder? Please, we need to have a powerful Edit widget (merge, cut, reshape, autocomplete also trace) in Experience Builder before you phase out Web AppBuilder or, we will not be able to upgrade to the next version of Enterprise. We got a 100 Portal users and they do all the forestry mapping/editing using Web AppBuilder.
Thank you,
Abi

5 Comments
JohnPlunkett

Functionality Matrix for Web AppBuilder and Experi... - Esri Community

Please review the above link - it is a live document and gets updated regularly.

ThomasColson

The lack of ability to edit related tables is a show stopper. EB should never have been released without that functionality, and I'm assuming WAB won't be deprecated until EB can edit related tables?

AbiDhakal

@JohnPlunkettThe functionality Matrix that you mention says Edit widget was done in Enterprise Version 11, but it does not have the tools (in the Edit widget) we will need (merge, cut, reshape, autocomplete also trace) in order to move from Web AppBuilder to Experience Builder. So, no Edit widget is not complete. This becomes even more important now. How are we going to know when Esri will enhance the Edit widget to accommodate all the tools we need to do our mapping before they phase out Web AppBuilder? Do you have an enhancement matrix? Please do not phase out Web AppBuilder any time soon.  We do a lot with Web AppBuilder from Editing to Geoprocessing. You still do not have the Geoprocessing widget in Experience Builder and there is no telling how much enhancement it will have to go through before it can do all the things we are already doing with the Geoprocessing widget in Web AppBuilder.

AbiDhakal

@ThomasColson @JohnPlunkett  Absolutely, we need to have the capability to edit relational tables and features in EB before we go to WAB. Please feel our pain, and if you have the reach, which we expect you do please continue to have WAB in the next versions for ArcGIS Enterprise. You will do us a whole lot of good.

JohnPlunkett

@AbiDhakal, Thanks for the reply.

I would add your comments to the forum post directly in the link above (and here) - Functionality Matrix for Web AppBuilder and Experi... - Esri Community 

I personally don't have access or reach to the development team. 

I do note that some of the development team respond directly to that thread from time to time and hopefully they will be able to give you some more context around your questions and timeframes.