Select to view content in your preferred language

Data action - Open specific widget and/or section and display results

2 weeks ago
Labels (2)
ECJRIJS
New Contributor III

Dear Developers,

We have an experience with multiple sidebars consisting of multiple sections that each have different widgets ranging from print, draw, select or table (and more). I would like to have the possibility to automatically open widget (and display selected features)/section. In my eyes with would give us configurators the ability to make the interface react to whatever our users are doing.

For this example I use the select widget as displayed below. Right now users have to select 'the more actions' button and display on map/table to get the data to the designated widget. This works well, and I would like to automate it.

ECJRIJS_0-1722259874295.png

What I would like to have as an option is: Whenever a certain action is done, ranging from feature selection on the mapwidget to using the select widget to make various selections is the automated action to display results in the designated widget that is part of the sidebared section.

So in short, configure actions so that:

1. user makes selection in map or with the feature select
  2. table is automatically updated/display on map is automatically updated with a configured action
  3. Actions can also open sections/pages/ etc.

Thanks!

ECJRIJS

5 Comments
TomDuncanGIS

Absolutely, this function is greatly needed!

AlixVezina

@ECJRIJS If I understand this correctly, I believe you should be able to do this today using message actions, for example:

2024-08-05_16-23-59.gif

Simply configure a message action to Open widget in the Widget Controller when a record is selected: 

AlixVezina_0-1722896487244.png

ECJRIJS

Hi Alix,

Thanks for the heads-up. I have tried this and although the table opens it does not auto-populate with data like you show in your GIF. Any idea if it is possible to auto-populate with whatever features are selected?

Thanks in advance!

ECJRIJS

AlixVezina

@ECJRIJS Yes, you can leverage the Selected features data view to show the selected features in the Table. Also, if you want the table to still display features when nothing is selected, enable the "View for empty selection" option in the data panel.

AlixVezina_0-1722953257949.png

ECJRIJS

Thanks. Although this helps for specific solutions (like showing just parcel numbers) I would also like to have the possibility to automate the 'more actions > show in table' with a message action. This allows my users to have whatever their selection is automatically pushed to the table instead of configuring specific to show features myself in exb. In my line of thinking the message action to automatically push to a certain table also works for data that is added by users through the add data widget.

ECJRIJS_0-1722954986225.png