Customize Table Widget in ExpBuilder

05-12-2021 12:49 AM
Labels (2)
FiadhNiDhonnchadha
New Contributor II

The table widget that has been introduced to Experience Builder is fantastic. A definite key in switching some online reports from StoryMaps to Experience Builder. However, some of the columns in my tables have very long names or the data that's been entered in the table is very long and I find you have to scroll and scroll all the way to the right to see the full sentence that's been entered. This isn't very user friendly and is quite fiddly. 

The ability to wrap text in the attribute table same as you would in excel would be a game-changer for this widget.

4 Comments
TianWen

Thanks for using the table widget! We'll consider your suggestion. Feel free to come up with more. 🙂

KevinMWright13

Hi TianWen

Any idea when this might be implemented?  It would be hugely helpful for me to move stuff from Tableau to ExBuilder.  🙂

Thanks,

KariHicks_BentEarSolutions

@TianWen Hi Tian! I was curious if there has been any movement on this.

We have a lot of users wanting us to implement tables into the apps that we build, but as it stands, we are not able to use the out-of-the-box Feature Table widget at all. We have clients who put dashboard up on video walls, and they need to see as many of the columns as possible, and as of right now it is not possible to make the column widths fit more closely to the text. This is a HUGE priority. I'm going to write my own post, but since this one is already here, I thought I'd reply here first.

Thank you so much!!

KateDoughty1

Would be great if you could symbolize records by attribute or have more custom parameters.