Bulk Report Generator in Experience Builder

09-20-2021 01:40 PM
Labels (3)
DellisS
New Contributor II

I would like to have the ability to generate multiple report pages.  Currently I use Experience Builder to generate reports replicating State Specific Forms.  I would like the ability to select multiple points and generate multiple reports similar to the feature in Survey123.

Thanks,

Dellis Stanberry

7 Comments
LaurenWinkler

We are trying to create a custom Parcel Report that generates a multi-page PDF of selected parcels. This functionality exists in our legacy app built in Geocortex, but does not exist in Experience Builder. Sharing the results of our research:

Implementing the custom Parcel Report to print a multi-page PDF of selected features like the one in Geocortex will require a custom widget, similar to the Geoprocessing widget in Web AppBuilder.

1. The Web AppBuilder (WAB) Select widget is not integrated with the Print widget, based on this documentation: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/web-appbuilder/latest/create-apps/widget-select.htm
  2. The WAB/Experience Builder Print widget does not allow users to select features as input inside of the widget, based on https://doc.arcgis.com/en/web-appbuilder/latest/create-apps/widget-print.htm
  3. The only out-of-the-box (OOTB) way to use a selection to generate a PDF map series in AGOL WAB would be to use the Geoprocessing Widget. This would require writing new GP script, publishing GP Service, configuring widget. Etc. Note, this is not an option for Experience Builder.
  4. There is not an Experience Builder Select widget that is integrated with the print widget
  5. There is not a GP widget in Experience Builder. It looks like it is on the long-term Experience Builder roadmap though
HelenCooper

Hi @LaurenWinkler , 

Did you get anywhere with this?  Trying to implement something very similar and coming up against a brick wall so far!

Thanks in advance,

Helen

LaurenWinkler

I have not. This was for a project we did over a year ago and I haven't needed to create a report like this since. We ended up abandoning that functionality on that project.

It's good to know other people are looking for this functionality and hopefully this will encourage Esri to add it. Esri regularly posts functionality updates on ArcGIS Experience Builder 2024 Roadmap.

HelenCooper

Thanks @LaurenWinkler for getting back to me, I've posted it as an idea (https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-ideas/print-report-widget/idi-p/1391831) so we can cross fingers that it gets implemented at some point!

LaurenWinkler

Thanks @HelenCooper! I added kudos and shared it with our PM from that project.

HelenCooper

That's great, thanks @LaurenWinkler 

DellisS

@HelenCooper You can already generate a PDF in Experience Builder by using the Ctrl+P built in feature after setting up your report.  You can add maps, images, etc. 

My original post has to do with printing multi-page PDFs, not a single page.