Auto-fit items in the List Widget

05-06-2022 07:43 AM
Labels (1)
cnw_ivesleung
New Contributor III

cnw_ivesleung_0-1651847548630.png

In the image above, I have a list widget with items arranged by rows and a set height but I'm seeing unused text spaces for short descriptions and texts cut off for longer descriptions. These descriptions are configured from attributes in the dynamic content. A user would have to hover over to the longer description and scroll down to see more info. I can set the height higher but it would not show as many item results on the screen and would leave more empty spaces for items with shorter descriptions. An auto-fit feature for items similar that allows for word wrapping from dynamic content would help make the list easier to view and use. 

4 Comments
DaveFullerton

Yes, we could benefit from this type of functionality in our applications.

NBC
by

Agreed, this is needed, and would enhance pretty much every application we build using the list widget.

NBC
by

Hi I just wanted to ask you both @cnw_ivesleung @DaveFullerton if you've heard of any progress with this idea?

cnw_ivesleung

Hi @NBC, thanks for reaching out! No I haven't heard back. What I did instead was resized the width of the list so it will include more text but will have to make do with the extra spaces. Here's the map for your reference Park Amenities Map.