Select to view content in your preferred language

Add Screening Tool to Experience Builder

08-29-2022 08:03 AM
Labels (2)
SZastre
New Contributor II

The Screening tool and functionality within WebApp Builder is a core functionality used within our organization's apps.  User rely on it to make informed business decisions and the report summary is great for including in an application or file. 

Without this tool or similar functionality within Experience Builder, it is currently preventing us from migrating to the Experience Builder apps.  I'm afraid that without the tool and functionality, many users will abandon the apps.  Please consider adding this tool and asap because I would love to migrate to our apps to Experience Builder and take advantage of group layers! 

Tags (1)
22 Comments
AmyJade

Reporting functions to the NearMe widget is imperative to our migration from Web App Builder to Experience Builder.  We will be testing this and re-confirm compatibility in this forum.  Thank you.  

Lostmapper

All that was required was to transfer the functionality of the Screening Widget into the Near Me tool. If that can't be accomplished, it's best not to introduce a replacement that doesn't fulfill the existing requirements. It's like having a lighter to start a fire, and now you're handing me two sticks. It's incredibly frustrating.

After three decades of being an ESRI user, I've just established this account today specifically to share my frustration of this singular tool. 

-Jason

cpmgisuser

Hi Aziza,
We are also needing the reporting capability for the Near Me Widget.

We cannot migrate our current WAB Screening Widget to Experience Builder until this capability is available.

Thanks and Regards
Steve

KarenStevens

@HeatherEisan or @AzizaParveen1 - am I right that the current Near Me widget only allows for a buffer to be drawn off a single point (in other words, there are no options to draw a study area or upload a zipped shapefile like in the Screening Widget) and that there are also no options to download results as shapefiles? These are two of the most important ways we use the Screening tool, and so far it doesn't look like the Near Me widget has these capabilities. 

KSter
by

@KarenStevens it sounds like we're looking for similar capabilities. I still haven't found a solution for downloading results. But the Query widget's interactive draw mode (under "spatial filter") lets you specify a buffer around a drawn shape.

It's not as easy as selecting a feature and getting a buffer around it, and it doesn't let the user change the buffer, but at least it's something. This is in Enterprise 10.9.1.

Hopefully a proper replacement for the Screening Tool is implemented soon.

EDIT with an update: To avoid waiting until the Near Me tool is added to Enterprise, we set up a collaboration between our AGOL and Enterprise Portal organizations. The data and web map are hosted on Portal but the ExB app is built on AGOL, which lets us use the Near Me tool. Connecting Near Me to Search and Selection widgets let us recreate the full functionality of the Screening widget.

AnthonyAtkins2

Every so often, I'll pop back in here to see there's a viable solution in ExB for the Screening widget, I'm not surprised that there are none so far. This the only widget I need before I'm able to migrate. 😞

GeorginaCutler1

@AnthonyAtkins2  I sure do miss the screening widget for ExB, was probably the most useful tool in the box. What's the latest ESRI?

AzizaParveen1

@GeorginaCutler1 Near Me is replacing the functionalities of Screening widget in Experience Builder, in last update we added functionality to upload your own data and use it for input search area. Also, printing report capability is coming in Enterprise 11.3 release in early May (tentative).

Please give Near Me a try https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/latest/configure-widgets/near-me-widget.htm. We are planning to publish migrating workflow of Screening widget in Near Me in early May, keep an an eye on the community posts for the blog.

Thanks 

Aziza

Jack_Lim

Hi @AzizaParveen1 ,

Correct me if I'm wrong. I noticed that the Near Me widget is not able to analysis multiple layers at once like the Screening widget do. I wonder if I miss configure anything in Near Me, I would like to spatial filter features for all layers within the webmap just like Screening widget.

Also, the Near Me widget doesn't seems available on Portal, does it?

Thanks,

Jack

bcgeogirl1

you can do multiple layers at once, you just have to set them all up individually in the application. you do this by clicking on the map under analysis settings and then in the column that comes up keep hitting add analysis for each layer you want to use in the app.