What's Coming in June 2023

05-31-2023 09:36 AM
Labels (1)
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor
6 19 3,876

A sneak peek on new features in the upcoming June release of Experience Builder in ArcGIS Online.

The latest update is on June 7, which removed the enhancement of editing related table.

Jianxia_0-1686158060065.png

19 Comments
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor

Any chance these will be addressed? EB has been a non-starter for me because of this.

Do not reload table widget while making edits, or ... - Esri Community

Save button for Table, rather than automatic refre... - Esri Community

I hope you can understand why this is so, so frustrating.

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@wayfaringrob these should be addressed on production already. Could you give it a try?

wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor

@JianxiaSorry, I'm not quality control. Was it addressed or not? Ideas are still marked open.

TianWen
Esri Contributor

@wayfaringrob Now making edits will not make the table widget refresh or scroll to the top, but the "save button" enhancement will need some further work.

DiegoNegron
New Contributor III

Will the Near Me (Beta) be in the June update of the ArcGIS Expereince Builder Developer Edition or will it only be available in AGOL?

wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor

Perhaps when things are fixed, we could update the status of the feature request so that users can find out about it? @Jianxia  @TianWen 

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@wayfaringrob , thanks for the reminder. Updated the idea status to Implemented.

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@DiegoNegron , Near Me (beta) is planned to be available in the developer edition 1.12 on July 6th.

HollyTorpey_LSA
Occasional Contributor III

Hi, @Jianxia!

Will the Near Me widget allow users to search within a distance of a polygon (either drawn by them or selected from another layer)? Or will it only search within a radius of a point?

Looking forward to trying it out!

CalebFritz
New Contributor

I was looking for a way to zoom into a feature selected in the Search function without the other layers/features disappearing.  Is this what #2 does on "Major Enhancements"?  Do you know when in June this will be rolling out?

Thanks.

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@CalebFritz yes, this is what this enhancement does so the Search widget behaves similar to its counterpart in Web AppBuilder and the search tool on the map in Experience Builder. You can test  the feature through Esri Early Adopter Program ->ArcGIS Online.

AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

@HollyTorpey_LSA ,

Hi,

Yes, you will be able to search within a distance of a polygon with New Near Me, you can draw a polygon, also you can set up message action in the map and when you select a  feature from map it will use as a input location in Near Me.

Thanks

Aziza

CTR_INTEL
New Contributor

Hello, looking forward to trying out the new features.

I see that under Major Enhancements, one of the items is Search.

Do you know if the bug with the search bar in Esri Online has been fixed, where only results are found if you type the start of the item in.

For example if an item is 'ABC - Example Road', you used to be able to type 'Example Road' or 'Example' into the search bar and it would find it, but following a previous update a known bug came about whereby the search result would only be found if you typed in the start of the item, in this example you would have to type in something like 'ABC' or 'ABC - Example' for the 'ABC - Example Road' item to appear.

However, one major use of the web app within our company was finding out what the prefix (ABC in this example) was for a site if they only had the road or site name.

Edit: Another important point with this issue, is that the search works perfectly fine within the map when viewing it in map viewer, but not when using the Web App that uses the same map.

Side note a lot of the new features sound interesting, especially the swipe function.

Thank you for any help and kind regards

Neil

TimmyLuong
New Contributor II

Hi Jianxia!

I'm a huge fan of experience builder. I really want to thank you and your team for creating an amazing web application. Just curious, when does the team anticipate adding a Batch Attribute Editor widget?

Thank you,

MatAzzopardiRWE
New Contributor III

Hi Jianxia

When are these updates due to be rolled out?

QuantitativeFuturist
Occasional Contributor

@wayfaringrob we ended up fixing the table widget ourselves as it was clear they were not going to fix the poorly executed implementation from the JS API. I agree it is very frustrating the lack of transparency is ridiculous. Maybe esri should refund our development costs against our licensing?

QuantitativeFuturist
Occasional Contributor

@MatAzzopardiRWE Today apparently 5pm

AmyRoust
Occasional Contributor III

@Jianxia - I just took the Near Me (Beta) widget for a spin and really like what I'm seeing so far! Thankfully I found a blog that explained how to use an Action on the Search widget to trigger the Near Me widget because being able to enter an address or zip code is very important.

My question: will the final version of Near Me have the option to return intersecting polygons in a feature layer? It's this setting in Web AppBuilder, under Search Settings:

AmyRoust_0-1687292622484.png

I have two apps that use that functionality because only people who live within a service polygon have access to the services listed. Here is an example: for people who want to submit an application to the Senior Farmers Market program in Kansas, they must live inside a service area. It doesn't really matter where the closest office is because they have to be in a county that participates in the program. If I use a buffer, someone who lives outside of all of the service areas (try Otis, Kansas, as an example) could get a search result telling them that they could go to the Barton County Health Department. If they actually went there, they would be turned away as a non-resident.

If there is a different widget or combination of widgets that I should be using in Experience Builder, I'm happy to give that a try!

Thanks for all that you do - Experience Builder has solved a lot of challenges for me in the last two years!

AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

@AmyRoust we are hoping to add Return intersecting polygons functionality in the final version of the widget. Thanks for your feedback.

Aziza

About the Author
Product Manager for ArcGIS Experience Builder and ArcGIS Web Appbuilder. She likes camping and hiking.