Why is Geometry type and Schema missing from output layers in Enterprise if the geoprocessing tool is shared as WebTool from ArcGIS Pro?

08-01-2019 04:27 AM
HåkonDreyer
Esri Contributor

I have run into this on several occasions, with different versions of Pro and Enterprise. As a test I have written a tiny Python toolbox that creates a point layer with one fixed point, the toolbox runs in ArcMap and Pro.

When I publish the tool as a Geoprocessing Service to ArcGIS server (10.6) from ArcMap (10.6.1) the output layers has schema and geometry type.

But when publishing the exact same tool as a Web Tool to the same ArcGIS server from Pro 2.4 this information is lost.

Even if the information are present in the Share as Web Tool dialog in Pro.

Looks like a bug, or are there some extra steps necessary in Pro?

5 Replies
HåkonDreyer
Esri Contributor

Problem looks a bit like https://community.esri.com/message/775678-publishing-a-gp-service-with-an-operational-layer, but Geometry type are correct in both ArcMap and Pro so I guess the problem lies somewhere else.
Any ideas Jonathan Quinn‌?

0 Kudos
MaryMcColley
New Contributor

I am experiencing this issue as well when trying to push a geoprocessing tool via the Service Editor in ArcMap 10.6.1.

I created a python script and embedded it into a tool. The script runs fine and generates solid output features. However, when I try to publish it as a service, the geometry and schema have disappeared in the Service Editor. I have experimented with setting the schema in the tool parameters to match where the input features are stored. No luck so far...

Is there a way the geometry and schema can be restored?

0 Kudos
JuanToro-Killion
New Contributor

Have you received any workarounds or solutions for this problem yet? I'm having EXACT same issue, but publishing from ArcGIS Pro 2.5 to a stand-alone Server 10.7.1

0 Kudos
JuanToro-Killion
New Contributor
0 Kudos
HåkonDreyer
Esri Contributor

Retested publishing of the tool today using Pro 2.7.0 and a 10.8.1 Portal and it seems like the problem is solved now 😊

0 Kudos