Why do my related records display in ArcMap and not ArcGIS Pro or In-house Portal?

10-22-2018 01:31 PM
TraceyMcPherson
New Contributor

We have ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1 installed on a single machine. Workgroup edition of server.

I published a map service from ArcMap 10.6.1 that had related features from an SQL database. 

When I add the service to a new ArcMap project all the related data gets pulled when I identify.

When I add the service to an ArcGIS Pro project or to a Portal map I am unable to view the related SQL data. 

The SQL database and connection  has been registered in the datastore. 

Very frustrating!

Tracey McPherson

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Christopher28
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

how are the relationships executed? With relationship classes or directly via Join/Relate in the MXD?

Because see here:

Author maps to publish feature services—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Feature services allow queries on related data, but only if the relationship is defined through a geodatabase relationship class. If a published map document has a layer and table related through a geodatabase relationship class, the feature service allows queries on the layer to return objects from the related table. Note that to support queries that return related objects, you must include the table and layer involved in the relationship class in the published map document. If either the origin or destination layer or table is not included in the map document, the feature service ignores the relationship.
Note:

For attributed relationship classes, also include the relationship class table in the map document.

Are the relationships displayed via the REST interface?

TraceyMcPherson
New Contributor

Christopher, 

After some advice we now have an

Attributed relationship class - both are in the map document. 

Service still good in ArcMap

Does not work in ArcPro when I pull the service and ...

In the REST interface the option to display related records is now available however ...

It appears to return the right # of related records, but there are no attributes displayed.  

So close! 

Tracey 

0 Kudos
Christopher28
Occasional Contributor

Is it possible that you test the behavior in a webmap or webapp (here best in a popup, attribute table under 10.6.1 has a bug here)?

Are there no corresponding records displayed?
Are at least the references to associated data displayed (the small arrows)?

0 Kudos
TraceyMcPherson
New Contributor

We got it figured out. We had to install the SQL ODBC Driver 17.

ESRI help indicates that if ArcServer and MSSQL are installed on the same server, then the client driver is already installed.

We installed both ArcServer and SQL on the same server but still had to download, from MS, and install the ODBC driver 17separately. The native client 11 did install but we needed the additional driver.

Tracey

Ausable Bayfield Conservation Authority

0 Kudos
Christopher28
Occasional Contributor

And now it works?

0 Kudos