webgisdr fails trying to write data store backup

08-26-2019 03:31 AM
Dixie_MDavis
Occasional Contributor

Hello.

We are not able to run webgisdr in our Enterprise ArcGIS 10.6.1 environment. We receive an error in the log that reports the Data Store is not happy with the SHARED_LOCATION path. It reports that it cannot write to the path. We have updated this path and the BACKUP_LOCATION path so that they are both local to the Data Store machine and we are referencing UNC paths with the proper escapes (\\\\server_name\\share).  #

We have three VMs that participate in the enterprise deployment. We have made sure that the service account that runs the NT service for the Data Store service has full NTFS permissions to the location. The AGS and Portal sites do complete successfully and are backed up but the files end up getting deleted from the temp directory and are never copied to the BACKUP_LOCATION, I imagine because the Data Store portions fails.

I need to get this working asap as the Portal logs are complaining because the transnational logs are greater than 5GB. Does anyone have any insight into solving this issue? Is it possible for me to just run the three backups (for each component - Data store, AGS and Portal) separately?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best, Dixie.

#webgisdr #datastore #arcgisenterprise

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

If you were to sign onto the Data Store machine using the account used to run the service, can you create a file or directory within the SHARED_LOCATION path? Do you use a different account for Data Store than you do Server or Portal?

0 Kudos
Dixie_MDavis
Occasional Contributor

Hi, Jonathan.

Thanks so much for the reply.

I was able to resolve the issue by running the configureserviceaccount utility in the tools directory on the data store machine which allowed me to update the service account to the correct domain account.  Somehow the service account associated with the NT service was incorrect.  After running that utility, I was able to run the webgisdr utility and create a complete backup.  

I was just getting ready to update this thread when I saw your reply.  

Thanks again.  Best, Dixie.

0 Kudos