Web Applications through non public facing server

07-23-2013 04:31 AM
ClintonCooper1
New Contributor III
I am still new with Arc GIS server 10.1 SP1.  Our agency here does not want to create a public facing server that we can use to publish our services out to the general public.  However, I was trying to find a way that we can configure a server so we can reach it from a web application/client while we are out in the field through a web application such as flex?  I have been looking for some literature on this online, but either I am missing it because I am not technical enough yet, or it just isn't there.  If anyone can point me in the right direction or can give me some tips on how to accomplish this, I would be much appreciated!  Thanks in advance!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AmyBrassieur
New Contributor III
We are not yet publishing services for the general public's direct consumption. However, we are using WebAdaptor with an outside IP address together with a subscription to ArcGIS.com. Using the outside IP address to access the services when putting them in maps in ArcGIS.com then only sharing them with members of your organization allows you to keep the info in-house even when working remotely. We are using ArcGIS.com to view the maps remotely on laptops, and Esri's iOS and Android viewers to log in to ArcGIS.com and access maps on iPads and smartphones in the field.

Since our network guy hasn't done the magic to view the outside IP address inside, I have to use a computer that's not on our domain to create the maps in ArcGIS.com in the first place.
0 Kudos