Web Adaptor install error : JRE libraries are missing or not compatible....

02-06-2018 08:41 AM
OmerPiperdi
New Contributor II

When installing Web Adaptor 10.5.1 on Linux, I am getting the JRE libraries are missing or not compatible.... error. I have Java (1.8.0_161) installed on the RHEL 7. See the image. Any idea or suggestion?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

I've never seen that. I run ArcGIS 10.5.1 and 10.6 on RHEL7. My 10.5.1 instance uses Java 8u144. Do you have enough space in /temp or /home?

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

I can't recall the specifics at this time but I remember I always had an issue installing/registering the web adaptor using openJDK.  Once I installed JRE from Oracle, I didn't have a problem.

Java SE Runtime Environment 8 - Downloads 

0 Kudos
OmerPiperdi
New Contributor II

I uninstalled the Open JDK and install the Java rpm downloaded from Oracle website. Also set the JAVA_HOME env. variable. It is still giving me the same error. Now I have.. 

java version "1.8.0_161"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_161-b12)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.161-b12, mixed mode)

Setup script created a folder in /tmp and there is folder named /tmp/install.dir.18375/Linux/resource/jre . I don't know where the Setup script got that from... not sure what jre is this..

Thanks for your reply anyway.

0 Kudos
GriffinMorgan1
Esri Contributor

The installer uses its own bundled JRE. It shouldn't matter what the system Java version is.

0 Kudos
OmerPiperdi
New Contributor II

The issue was related to Setup script requiring execute permission in /tmp folder. I don't see that in the documentation. Error message was something do with Java. Sorry, but you could write a better installer than this.

GriffinMorgan1
Esri Contributor

Oops! Yeah, that is a requirement of the third-party software we use to build the installers. We have it documented in the install guides for other Enterprise products, but it was overlooked for Web Adaptor. We'll get that updated. It is unfortunate that Java does not give a more useful error but I'm glad you got it working!