Using the Url from ArcGIS Server Manager

Jump to solution
10-06-2016 09:41 AM
SarojThapa1
Occasional Contributor III

How can I use the Url from ArcGIS Server Manager to load a webmap using the ArcGIS API for JavaScript? I don't want to add each layers. I am trying to load the entire map without individually adding each layer. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Saroj,

If the web maps in Portal are not shared with "everyone", then it is expected behavior for them to prompt for a login. Also, if the data layers in the web maps are also not shared with "everyone", they too will prompt for a login.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DerekLaw

Hi Saroj,

ArcGIS Server Manager is not "aware" of the concept of web maps. There is no way to 'create' a web map in ArcGIS Server Manager from web service URLs. Web Maps are typically created in ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS.

What is the workflow that you're trying to do?

0 Kudos
SarojThapa1
Occasional Contributor III

I have an app with multiple navigation tabs. All tabs except one refer to the maps that are in ArcGIS Server Manager. I have those maps as webmaps in Portal for ArcGIS on-premise. I used ArcGIS API for JavaScript to load those maps. I tried using web map ids but when each tab is clicked, it asks for the Portal credentials. I wanted to get rid of subsequent log ins, so I tried using the layers from ArcGIS Server Manager. Thanks Derek.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Saroj,

If the web maps in Portal are not shared with "everyone", then it is expected behavior for them to prompt for a login. Also, if the data layers in the web maps are also not shared with "everyone", they too will prompt for a login.

Hope this helps,

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

From my understaing its not possible to add all maps only using on server url,

you have to mentioned all map services rest url to use all.

0 Kudos