Select to view content in your preferred language

Using ArcGIS PowerShell DSC for upgrades

3 weeks ago
IhabHassan
Esri Contributor

Hi,

Has anyone tried to upgrade an ArcGIS Enterprise (that is deployed manually or using Enterprise Builder) by the DSC PowerShell module?

Regards
Ihab
2 Replies
JustinMallinckrodt
Esri Contributor

Hello Ihab - We have a pretty extensive repository located here Windows PowerShell DSC for ArcGIS Enterprise, Desktop & Pro (esri.github.io)

Do you have a specific question we can try to answer?

0 Kudos
IhabHassan
Esri Contributor

Thanks @JustinMallinckrodt  for sharing the GitHub page, I didn't have that before, I always go to the GitHub repo. 
We are trying to choose the best available method to automate Enterprise upgrades, we are anticipating to get a lot of these from our clients. 
A lot of these deployments are done either manually, few were built using other automation tools. We are doing a lot of POCs to prove that we can upgrade such deployments safely using the DSC module, hence my question in the post.
We were able to upgrade an Enterprise (using the DSC) that was originally deployed using Enterprise builder on a single machine. We are still trying to cover more complex scenarios.

Something else we are trying to discover, could be another question, if we use the DSC module to deploy or upgrade an Enterprise that relies on load balancers instead of web adaptors.
Any insights in these areas are really appreciated.
Thanks.

Regards
Ihab
0 Kudos