Use IWA without Federating

Jump to solution
11-03-2017 06:03 AM
BrianLeroux
Occasional Contributor III

I am working through documentation but I am unclear on how to set up our enterprise server/portal environment. Hoping for some guidance.

Currently on 10.1 with security handeld through Active Directory. We have about 1,000 users of GIS. 99% of those users are only utilizing a couple of services on our server and all of them are view only. 

At this point I am used to securing the services but after federating the portal to the server, it looks like I need to add all 1,000 users to portal to share the resources. I did not think this was the case before I got started so now I may have to justify the added expense of user licensing. So my thought is maybe I do not federate the server and handle the service security as I have in the past. I am just trying to understand what that means for Portal moving forward. Eventually I would like to utilize portal but is IWA supported when the portal is not federated? If so how does sharing items vs service security work? I would assume that you could share an item but if they don't have service level access the service will deny access and nothing would load.

I appreciate any insight.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

You can use IWA with non-federated Servers in Portal as long as you add them as trusted servers so CORS requests don't fail:

Configure security settings—Portal for ArcGIS (10.5.x) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

You can use IWA with non-federated Servers in Portal as long as you add them as trusted servers so CORS requests don't fail:

Configure security settings—Portal for ArcGIS (10.5.x) | ArcGIS Enterprise