Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to Publish Composite Locator 10.2.2

Jump to solution
07-16-2014 08:32 PM
DFESGIS
Emerging Contributor

Hello,

I have been struggling to publish a composite locator on ArcGIS 10.2.2.  The error says 'Locator must be register with ArcGIS Server'.  I have tried multiple ways to register the source data with ArcGIS Server:

1. Data is stored on SDE geodatabase.  The geodatabase is registered with ArcGIS Server.  Individual locators are created within the SDE.  The composite locator is also created within the SDE.  I can publish the individual locators without any errors.  When I tried to publish the composite locator, it says the composite locator itself must be register with ArcGIS Server.

2. Data is stored on a File geodatabase in a folder.  The folder and data resides on the ArcGIS Server machine and is shared with read/write permissions with the ArcGIS Server Account.  The folder is registered with ArcGIS Server.  Individual locators are created within the FGDB.  The composite locator is also created within the FGDB.  When I tried to publish the composite locator, I get the same error as above.

So, how do I actually register a composite locator with ArcGIS Server?  My local Esri support have not been able to help me.  Has anybody in the community come across this before?

Thanks...

Tags (1)
12 Replies
DFESGIS
Emerging Contributor

Thanks William,

Finally got my composite locator to publish. It still would not publish from the SDE if the data and the composite locator is within the SDE.

I got my composite locator to publish if the individual locators and composite locator are created within a folder on the ArcGIS Server and referencing data from the SDE, using your method to update the Datastore Configuration.

Thanks for finding the answer!

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

There are lots of reasons why I'm not the first guy to update to the latest version; most of them are gray and sticking out of my head....

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
soniadickerson1
Regular Contributor

Still was a problem with 10.3 - so this was very helpful.  Thank you.

0 Kudos