Unable to pass a file to geo processing service on ArcGIS Server 10.5.

06-27-2017 01:53 PM
ShannonBailey
New Contributor

I have a geo processing service that takes a csv as an input and creates a kernel density. Within ArcMap I can connect to my ArcGIS Server and see the service and run it with an input file.

But when I try and use the REST URL the input file is a GPDataFile so I use this json:

{ "url" : "http://www.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/content/items/90e8bd6c020e4730a412e81f54cb0b08/data" } for the input, but it fails for:

NOTE: Projection Kernel Symbology is just the name of the service.

Error executing tool. Projection_Kernel_Symbology Job ID: j538996bcdb784191a2e1d4c957088332 : ERROR 000840: The value is not a Table View. WARNING 001000: Population field: Field value does not exist ERROR 000840: The value is not a Table View. ERROR 000735: X Field: Value is required ERROR 000735: Y Field: Value is required WARNING 001000: Population field: Field value does not exist

Is there a trick to passing a file or getting better logging on the server? ArcMap is able to use this service, is it using the REST API or does it use python?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

You need to enable Uploads on the service and then a client application will upload the file to the Server where it will be assigned an ID.  I can't recall the exact property names, but it'll be something to the effect of {"itemId":"id_created_during_upload"} and then it'll be processed from there.  I'm not sure what ArcMap is doing, but it's likely doing something similar to the above.  I would try to enable Uploads on the service under Capabilities and then use the out of the box GP widget within the WAB to take a look at the network traffic when running the tool.

0 Kudos