Select to view content in your preferred language

Trouble publishing a large SD file for a Terrain Image Service in ArcGIS Server Manager (10.8.1)

06-03-2024 06:39 PM
GIS_Enjoyer
New Contributor III

What works vs what not:

Publishing the service works (service created on Server and terrain usable as ground layer) when #DEM files is relatively small (9 DEM files for a SD file of 1.58GB), but it gets stuck on the following Server page when that # becomes large:

Steps for recreating the problem:

1. In my Server Manger, when I click "Publish Service", then choose the large SD file and hit Next.
  2. It will get stuck on the "Please wait while the service definition is copied to your sever..." page (for more than an hour when the SD file is around 22 DEM files and a total of 4.25GB).
  3. And eventually the Server Manager will log me out: despite I also changed the following 2 parameters (in minutes) in admin page:
longTimeout:144000
shortTimeout:6000

Details for how I created/stored the SD file:

• Placing the SD file(s) on the local computer where the ArcGIS Server is OR on another computer seem to have no effect on this problem.
  • Because each DEM file is around 200MB, I disabled copying the DEM files into the SD file and have the service reference the DEM files in a remote directory.
  • I created the SD file using ArcPy 10.8 (
    arcpy.CreateMosaicDataset_management, 
    arcpy.AddRastersToMosaicDataset_management, 
    arcpy.CreateImageSDDraft ...)
0 Kudos
0 Replies