Topology has no rule to detect identical points,

Jump to solution
01-11-2017 10:24 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Topology has no rule to detect identical points,

I couldn’t figure out why the topology has no rule to detect identical points. However, I’m aware that other tools can delete identical points

Thank you

Jamal

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

must be disjoint  but normally it is fine if two points from two layers share the same coordinates, there are situations where this would be desired

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

must be disjoint  but normally it is fine if two points from two layers share the same coordinates, there are situations where this would be desired

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Thank you very much Dan for the input.

I wanted to check the identical points in the same layer but not for two layers. However, I go the error below as I applied the disjoint rule.

What might be the issue here?

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Hi again Dan.

It works fine with me as I created new gdb. The “must be disjoint” detects the identical points.

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

The error message leads me to think that the rule can be used, but you don't have the correct geodatabase version... or ... you have the most uptodate version of the geodatabase, and this is just a placeholder error meaning that, they have thought about it, but haven't implemented the rule yet.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

It appears that this can be achieved also by Data Reviewer. It can recognize the identical points and thus some editing can be applied with the known tools. However, the management here is much more difficult than the Topology.

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos