Table to Table Joins or Relates Not Publishing

02-04-2013 11:55 AM
RobChouinard
Occasional Contributor
ArcGIS Server & Desktop 10.1 SP1

If I publish a map with table to table joins or relates, the tables loose there joins and/or relates when published. A simple example is get 2 tables on a blank map (you will have to add a feature class also to publish), do a table to table join or relate and publish it as a map service with only mapping capabilities and default settings. SDE is in data store and no data gets copied.

A feature class to table join or relate publishes just fine. My tables sit in a SDE and the fields being joined are indexed.

I didn't have this problem in 10.0 and when upgrading it broke parts of my code. I know I can do a view but this seems to be a bug or breaking change in 10.1 SP1. I skipped over the 10.1 release so I don't know if it happened there.

Edit: Another thing I just found out. If you join or relate a table to a feature class, that also does not work.

Rob
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobChouinard
Occasional Contributor
*bump*

??????
0 Kudos
RobChouinard
Occasional Contributor
Does anyone else have this same problem or am I on the only one on here that uses table to table joins/relates?
0 Kudos
NicoleSchleifer
New Contributor II
Did you solve this issue?
0 Kudos
RobChouinard
Occasional Contributor
No, wish I could. I have worked around this problem by creating a view in the SDE and publishing that. I hope it is fixed in Version 10.2.
0 Kudos
JillianPenney
Esri Contributor
Have you tried using the "Make Query Layer" tool if you're using an enterprise database?
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#//001700000174000000

Or File>Add Data>Add Query Layer workflow works as well.
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#//00s500000027000000

I was able to join two tables using a where clause and publish along with a feature class. When I query the table in REST, it has maintained the join.

Hope this helps,
Jill
0 Kudos
RobChouinard
Occasional Contributor
I accomplished this by creating a new View in ArcCatalog, which is similar to a Query Layer. The issue is I can't publish a view in a feature service. I haven't tried publishing a query layer in a feature service, but I assume it also won't publish. So because table to table joins do not work, I am forced to publish a new map serivce to accomplish this goal.
0 Kudos