System Monitor tool - Alert  - Configuration Issues

01-28-2015 07:37 AM
ErnestoCarreras3
Occasional Contributor

Here it is the current setup:

Mail configuration for our internal SMTP in Config.json file (See attached pictures)

Setup a couple of alerts for ArcGIS Server service to alert when service is down (instance number is 0) and configured the notification system to email me when an alerts happens but never get any emails. Need a way to make sure the mail configuration is working and where it’s failing to send alerts.

Every time I enter a new notification and email in the application and go back to it, the email disappears like it was never added, but when I check the database it’s adding them to it so it should work but maybe that has something to do with it. Check pictures for setup.

Thanks,

Ernesto

@Esri

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesLivingston
New Contributor

Ernesto,

There is a bug in System Monitor 1.1.3 that will cause this issue. The only way to fix it is to upgrade to the latest version (1.1.5) and clear out the settings table in the SystemMonitor database. Below is an excerpt of what someone else has done to fix the issue.

"I was able to get the email to work with some additional steps. I updated to 1.1.4 but it still didn't seem to work. I went into the mongodb instance and noted that under the settings table there were about 10 entries that seemed to coincide with previous attempts to add email. I wiped all the entries. After that it seemed to work okay."

Please give this a try and see how it works for you.

Jim Livingston

0 Kudos
ErnestoCarreras3
Occasional Contributor

Thanks. I will give this a try an post the outcome.

0 Kudos