Select to view content in your preferred language

Syncing a feature class between Enterprise and ArcGIS Online distributed collaboration - “Server returned HTTP status code 413”

12-19-2023 06:12 PM
MavisBrzezinski
New Contributor

Syncing a feature class between Enterprise and ArcGIS Online distributed collaboration - “Server returned HTTP status code 413”

The feature service that included included in the collaboration is updated periodically by performing a truncate and then append on the back-end Oracle database.

I am aware of a defect (BUG-000158888).

Has anyone identified a workaround or alternate workflow?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Main_RoadsWA
New Contributor

We have encountered this problem as well and are keen to hear about possible workarounds.

0 Kudos
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Esri Support -  BUG-000158888 - When syncing a feature class between Portal for ArcGIS and ArcGIS On...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The feature service that included in the collaboration is updated periodically by performing a truncate and then append on the back-end Oracle database."

if you are doing the truncate / append directly in Oracle through SQL statement then depending on how this was implemented, and if the ArcSDE Geodatabase Featureclass / Table is registered as version, then it will not trigger any ArcSDE Geodatabase behavior, and this might cause issues.

There is a correct way to edit ArcSDE Geodatabase Featureclasses and Tables via SQL, read the link below.

SQL access to enterprise geodatabase data—ArcMap | Documentation (arcgis.com)

On the other hand, the truncate / append process can be automated via ArcGIS Pro Python Arcpy script, ArcGIS Pro Model Builder, ArcGIS Pro Data Interoperability or Safe Software FME Workbench or FME Server, and this will guarantee that the proper ArcSDE Geodatabase behavior is triggered.

Truncate Table (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Append (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Please, open a ticket with Esri Technical Support to investigate this further, the Esri Support Engineer will help you determine the exactly cause of the issue.

| Marcelo Marques | Esri Principal Product Engineer | Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional | "In 1992, I embarked on my journey with Esri Technology, and since 1997, I have been working with ArcSDE Geodatabases, right from its initial release. Over the past 32 years, my passion for GIS has only grown stronger." | “ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov |
0 Kudos