Startup script for Data Store, Server, Portal, GeoEvent (same machine)

02-19-2016 06:34 PM
SimonJackson
Occasional Contributor III

Setting up 10.4 Data Store, Server, Portal and GeoEvent all on one machine (for testing/playing around) purposes.  This is my normal machine so would like to have a startup/shutdown script that starts them up in the correct order with relevant pauses between processes.  Does anyone have one handy?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RegisShogan1
New Contributor II

I'd just put your sandbox stack on a VM so that the machine state is kept consistent, plus you gain some portability.  Barring that, Powershell Stop-Service / Start-Service commandlets are probably the easiest way.  Just plug in the windows service names.

In a sandbox, timing doesn't seem to matter.  I have a web GIS stack similar to what you describe (minus GeoEvent) deployed over many VMs in the cloud, and just run a script that starts/stops them all in parallel.   All is good in the world a minute or so later.  That said, any production environment should have a disaster recovery plan in accordance with its SLA.

0 Kudos
SimonJackson

Thanks Regis, not a bad idea to go down the VM path and might well do that.  I know that it will involve a shell script, was just hoping someone else had put one together that they had tried and tested.  

Ill post mine when I get around to creating it.

0 Kudos
SimonJackson

Im still after this, anyone seen anything? 

0 Kudos
DeanHowell1

Hello Simon Jackson, I know this was a while ago but I am trying to do the same thing but in AWS and was wondering if you have some suggestions to ensure that ArcGIS Portal and associated services are shut down and started up in the correct order?

Regards

Dean

0 Kudos