Standard ArcGIS Desktop Licence

04-10-2018 02:27 AM
SaraEL_MALKI
Occasional Contributor II

Hello guys,

I searched through the docs ad I found that and ArcGIS Desktop Advanced licence includes : 

• ArcGIS Pro Advanced
  • ArcMap Advanced
  • ArcCatalog Advanced
  • ArcScene Advanced
  • ArcGlobe AdvancedBut I wonder if the STANDARD ArcGIS Desktop licence includes the same products in a standard version ? 
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

A clip from the page Dan linked to (bold added)

ArcGIS Desktop (featuring ArcGIS Pro) allows you to analyze your data and author geographic knowledge to examine relationships, test predictions, and ultimately make better decisions.

ArcGIS Desktop is available in three license levels: Basic, Standard, or Advanced. These license levels share the same core applications, user interface, and development environment. Each license level provides additional GIS functionality as you move from Basic to Standard to Advanced.

ArcGIS Desktop includes:

• ArcGIS Pro
  • ArcMap, ArcCatalog
  • ArcGIS Online Level 2 Named User account and 100 Service Credits

So what that means is, yes,you get the same products, but if you buy the STANDARD you would get the equivalent STANDARD tools.  There are somethings that you can only do with advanced, so it just depends on if you need those tools or not.  In their short list "...advanced analysis, high-end cartography, and extensive database management.".  But to know for sure, if you look at the help docs for the tools you would normally use, at the bottom of the help page they typically list the level that you would need.